Saturday, November 28, 2015

Life In Four Wheel Drive 11/28/15

Good Morning,

I was up early taking our grandson to the airport for his return to Florida. The house seems pretty empty now with him gone and Rene at work. My trusty mug of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain blend coffee is next to me and my dog is sitting on my feet. I will be breaking out the Christmas flavors next week. My friend Ray asked me when I would be doing that. LOL have to be patient Ray!

A couple of times in this past week while hunting I had to slip the old Ford into four wheel drive to get us through the mud and snow. We just needed that little extra punch.

I recently went out shopping with Dominick at midnight and stayed up most of the next day. Some one called me affectionately a "glutton for punishment".  I thought about that and laughed. The person who said that was my Aunt Betty. She worked hard all of her life, keeps up her own home and she is well beyond the age of 29. She worked tirelessly during Christmas, Easter and Birthdays to make the perfect holidays for our families. She does not realize that she lived her life in "four wheel drive" and her family as well as her nieces and nephews emulate what she taught us. We sure all enjoyed those times. Four wheel drive for life is doing things for others out of love. Love compels you to pull through. God honors those actions of love.  Sometimes when things get a little busier than usual and it seems like you can't go forward you have to dig within and throw your life into four wheel drive. To do so, one needs to accept that the work needs a push and that we cannot do it alone. We need to take a short break, rest, pray and take an assist form God to be able to stay in the race and finish hard. Someone is counting on you.

Isaiah 40:28-31New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
 
Punishment? Not really, just living life in four wheel drive and loving every minute of it.
 
Are you stuck? Hit the switch and do what you do out of love for others. God gives you the push you need.
 
Love
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment