Saturday, November 21, 2015

Enjoying Your Work 11/21/2015

Good Morning,

My kitchen is calling me to start a big pot of chili and down a couple cups of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee.

Saturday and a day off from work. My subject will be about work this morning.
I work for a large healthcare system in Wisconsin. My work time grows shorter each year. When I started with that system 32 years ago I gave myself one year to get out of healthcare and back into a construction field.

What kept me there? Well everyone likes to eat and the pay is pretty good. I like having retirement benefits to look forward to and I have used plenty of the health benefits. I met my wife there. I do like the fact that what I do has an impact on the health of patients.

But what really has kept me in the organization are the people I have worked with then and now. Working with all those people kept me coming back year after year. My job has it's days when I could jump up and scream, but I never complain about going to work. I am greeted each day by nice people, working to help others live well. The closest group I work with are dedicated professionals that anyone would be proud to lead. I enjoy solving problems with them. The friendly banter and jocularity make some of the toughest days bearable. I thought about the fact that I don't hate going to work. In that, I am blessed. I hope it never changes until that day when I say adios and head toward another chapter in this comical novel called "Marty's Life Story", Chapter 62 Retirement.  What I pray for all of you is that you can find satisfaction in the work you do and joy in the people you meet.

The easiest way to do that is to remember Who gave you the blessing of a job. You aren't where you are for yourself. You are there for others. You possible have a family to feed, an owner who employs you, customers (patients for us) who need you, your earned income stimulates business for others and God expects you to represent Him where you are. It's not all about you. Once we realize this, we become content with our vocation.

Ecclesiastes 5:19New Living Translation (NLT)
19 And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God.

Enjoy your day off Friends,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment