Monday, November 23, 2015

How Dedicated Are You?

Good Morning,

My cup is steaming hot and full of Door County Maple Coffee. Monday is here and I am off of work tomorrow. On Tuesday the grandson and I have a little hunting planned, then a nap, and then off to the movies to take in the cheap Tuesday deal!



Yesterday Dominick and I did a little duck hunting on The Fox River in Wisconsin. The ducks seemed to be able to avoid us. After looking over our decoy spread I saw an adjustment that had to be made. Now we only had an hour left to hunt but I knew I had laid them out wrong and that there was a better way. So I left our blind and waded out to make a change. What the picture does not show you is that on the way out to our spot I stumbled on a rock in the river and ended up with some river water in my waders and some wet sleeves on my jacket. The temperature was 21 degrees Fahrenheit.

It did not take long to get cold. I changed gloves and continued with the hunt. Now, I am not bragging about being stupid enough to sit in wet clothes just to shoot a duck. Duck hunters have to be crazy to endure nasty weather and the perils of walking in water. I am a dedicated duck hunter. I am sure many people are dedicated to different hobbies. So call me crazy! By the way just after the change Dom got a shot at a duck!

But what if??? We put a little more dedication into our family, our marriage, our job, our relationship with Jesus? What would we be willing to do to see our family through a crisis, our marriage through growing pains, our job when it gets tough, or to get just an extra hour of prayer? When the going gets tough do we think of quitting? Do we rearrange our priorities to meet the needs?

God expects us to give our best in all that we do.

Colossians 3:23New Living Translation (NLT)
23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.

We should wonder what one extra hour of dedication could do to change the outlook for us, for others, for the world?

God bless,

Marty

1 comment:

  1. If we did everything we are capable of doing...we would astound our selves.

    ReplyDelete