Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Family Traditions 11/10/15

Good Morning,

That first cup of Door County Maple Coffee is always a treat to wake up to. I guess that just waking up is a treat! Can't take that for granted.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Last night Rene and I were talking about the upcoming Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. We kind of concentrated our conversation a little more on Thanksgiving simply because it is first in line on the calendar. Both of us are Christmas kind of people. Our discussion turned to the time table for the day. Dinner at what time? Green Bay Packer football on television. Then Rene said "what time will you be done hunting?" From the time that I was old enough to walk along with my Dad, we 99% of the time hunted on Thanksgiving. I have continued that tradition. There have been a few years when I have hunted alone, but I was out there reliving fond memories. For the last few years my Nephew Nick and our Grandson Dominic have joined me on that quest.

Still pondering Thanksgiving I began to think about how blessed we have been to have a  healthy grandson and nephew who don't mind following the old man out for a cold morning's hunt. This year when we discuss what we are thankful for, I am going to be thankful for all the kids in our family. Remember as you buy a turkey this year that it is more than a meal. Tell the kids how thankful you are to have them in your life. It needs to be said face to face.

If you don't have any traditions, start some. Spend as much time as you can with the family before you can't. Thank God for every laugh and special time He gives you.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment