Monday, November 30, 2015

Frozen Marsh 11/30/15

Good Morning,

The old mug is filled with Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and my heart is filled with peace. My mug will be emptied quickly and refilled before I head to work. Coffee up!

I hunted in the frozen marsh pictured above yesterday. What others might see is a frozen swamp, broken cattails, some decoys floating in a little water. It is kind of a dreary picture, except to me. While sitting there I recalled and pictured in my mind the birds we harvested in the area, the sunsets and sunrises I saw. I then pictured the people who shared those times with me and the time spent with our dog Gibbs. I remembered praying there with my friends and family. But as I looked closer I saw the hand of God. Not a smelly, frozen swamp, but God at work freezing the area and giving it a winter's rest.

Job 37:10       
"From the breath of God ice is made, And the expanse of the waters is frozen.

For a little while timed seemed to stop as if it were frozen also. I packed up, shot gun in hand, my sled sling over my shoulder and my dog at my side. As we walked I knew that we weren't alone.
I was at peace and I thanked God for the memories of this last duck season.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment