Friday, November 20, 2015

Common Sense. Be Prepared. 11/20/15

Good Morning,

Friday is here and it is coming in like a lion this weekend. It looks like the first snow storm of the season is set to hit here. That just kind of gets my motor going. I like the snow. My mug is filled with a new flavor to me. Door County Cranberry Crème is spewing forth some pretty delightful aroma from that mug. The taste is just as good as it smells.

Last night as we watched the weather forecast for Friday night I knew then and there that my "after supper" chore was going to be to start both snow blowers and make sure they were filled with gas. You see I learned the hard way when I was much younger not to wait for the snowstorm to finish dumping it's white gift on us to then try and start the machines.  After shoveling and obtaining a sore back and shoulders I vowed to be ready ahead of time. I also learned to properly store the machines in the spring, which made it much easier to start them a day or two before the first blast of winter.

God has gifted us with the ability to think and learn. He has also given us the gift of common sense. So for me to make the mistake again of not being prepared for winter and then hurting my back would be foolish. Thus, I would be a fool.

Proverbs 3:21New Living Translation (NLT)
21 My child, don’t lose sight of common sense and discernment.
    Hang on to them,
 
On Saturday morning I will see people driving down the highway lickety split, when they should be going slower because of slippery roads. They run the risk of causing an automobile accident and injury to themselves and others when common sense tells them to go slower.
 
Use all the gifts God has given to you. It only makes sense!
 
God bless.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment