Thursday, November 5, 2015

In The Middle Of No Where 11/5/2015

Good Morning,

I have a pot of Door County Harvest Blend Coffee brewing as I write this morning. I am finding it hard to wake up today. My brain is saying go and the body is saying whoa!

Last night I was putting some pictures away into an album and reminiscing for a little bit, reliving memories in my mind. A lot of my photos are of hunting ducks and dogs. One of my steady companions is my nephew Nick. He is always gung ho to hunt and will sit out all night to claim his hot spot. I was looking at a photo taken after a hunt but what I remembered was walking into the swamp long before daylight.

Nick had gone in much earlier and I was to bring myself, the dog and another young hunter to a spot I had never been to. It was dark, with no moonlight to assist. I did have on a headlamp but it was just not enough. I picked up a small trail and figured I was headed in the right direction. Nick knew that I was coming in and had a lot of gear. I had stopped to get my bearings when I noticed a light, a long way up ahead. Nick had lit his head lamp to give me a silent signal without making noise that would scare off most of the ducks in the area. A little further and I heard him blow on his duck call to let me know he had me in sight.  It was just enough to guide me to the right spot without any harm.

We had a great hunt and the pictures reminded me of the morning when I had to be quiet but follow the light to get to my destination. I had to stop, watch and look. The signal came. Had I not stopped for a moment I might not of seen the light. The light corrected my path by a few steps. Later I saw that I was only a few steps away from getting a cold greeting by some stagnant water if I hadn't changed my directions when I saw the light.

We need to stop from time to time and life just to listen and watch for God to provide directions for life's path.

Isaiah 30:20-21New International Version (NIV)
20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
 
Let God be your guide. But stop, watch and listen long enough to hear and see.
 
God bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment