Sunday, March 4, 2018

When You Feel Lonely 3/4/2018

Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County Red Velvet Mocha Coffee awaits me downstairs after I am finished writing. It can wait for me and I will put my thoughts on paper once more.



Loneliness can be called a "curable disease" but unless it is put in check can be terminal. You see everyone holds the key to curing loneliness for someone else or for themselves. Loneliness does not have to be terminal for anyone.

The first and most important step toward a cure is having a relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ His Son. God is available 24/7 and can be counted on to listen and speak back through His Word.

Psalm 139:1-12

O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
    you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
    and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
    behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
    and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
    it is high; I cannot attain it.Where shall I go from your Spirit?
    Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
    If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
    and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
    and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
    and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
    the night is bright as the day,
    for darkness is as light with you.

God knows exactly where we are at all times and desires to hear from us. And He promises to answer.

Jeremiah 33:3 New International Version (NIV)
‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
 
The next step is to admit that you are as lonely as you choose to be. This is part of the cure. You need to reach out to others being friendly and not to seek a cure from them but to cure yourself. Being friendly and doing kind things for others put's you in a place of personal interaction with people or animals. I know of a lady who feeds the birds outside of her house and everyday sits with them for awhile and she gives them names. She looks forward each day to the visits from her feathered friends.
 
Join a club, or a church group who meets weekly or monthly. If your a shut in and cannot visit. write notes to others and encourage them. Reach out to others for their own good and it will come back to you in return.
 
 1 Samuel 12:22 New International Version (NIV)
22 For the sake of his great name the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you his own.

You Are Never Alone!

God bless,
 
Marty

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..

No comments:

Post a Comment