Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Just Sitting, Watching The Afternoon 3/13/2018

Good Morning,

The alarm clock sang a melody which signals that it is time to get out of bed and reach for a cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee.

I have some long hours to put in this week and it starts today and tonight. So when I was afforded the chance to go home about two hours early yesterday afternoon, I grabbed the opportunity and ran with it. I found myself doing a little grocery shopping on the way home and looking forward to some fresh air.



Once I arrived home I opened the door and out came our English Springer Spaniel with a burst of stored up energy. He was surprised to see me home so early. We both went outside and I just let him run around and chase the birds into the trees. As soon as he cleared the yard, they would return and land on the grass or in a lower branch. This just seemed to be a game the two species were playing with each other. Those birds were driving our dog Gibbs crazy and he was enjoying the chase.

I took some time to survey what would need to be cleaned up from the winter season and saw a few tree limbs that would need trimming very soon. I plan on saving the apple wood trimmings for smoking meat this spring. I love the aroma that comes from a meat smoker and how God always provides just enough wood for me to do so. It seems as if the yard is blessed to replenish itself and meet our needs. It has been doing this for a long time.

As I looked at our yard and the wood that I would eventually use to flavor our food, I saw more than what meets the eye. I saw God at work, taking care of our wants and needs. He had already started to bless the yard once more. It was peaceful out there and I was content. That 45 minutes restored my soul and made me smile.

“Ever since the creation of the world his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made. So they are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20)

Next time you have time to sit, go ahead and do it outside. I believe that somehow we tend to see God just a little more in the outdoors.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment