Friday, March 2, 2018

Take Me Out To The Ball Game 3/2/2018

Good Morning,

Friday came and Saturday is staring at me hoping that I will make some time to spend with it tomorrow. I needed a kick start to the day so I made a pot of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee. That first cup is always the best.

Last night while I was driving home from work I was able to listen to our local baseball team play a game during "Spring Training". My truck radio treated me to a couple of laughs from Bob Uecker, one of the greatest announcers in baseball history. I enjoy baseball games in person and really like a little stadium food. Rene and I will treat ourselves to a couple of games this year. We like going with just the two of us and don't mind going in large groups either. We enjoy tailgating and the smell of sausages cooking on charcoal fired grills.

I for one though like to only listen to the radio announcer. When at home and there is a game being played I tune in the radio and listen to the game in the garage or at my desk while I am working. I have been spoiled by Mr. Uecker and his delivery style. I am sure the television guys do an excellent job, but until he retires there is only one voice I want to hear broadcast our baseball games.

Now in the world there are many voices trying to get our attention all the time. It would be best for us to listen to the voice of God instead of the others vying for our attention. We can do this if we allow ourselves to only want to hear from God. We have to focus and make His Word our desire. Nothing else should or can satisfy our soul like the Word of God. In baseball I have two choices, the television or the radio. I have to make an effort to hear from the radio announcer, which means tuning in the radio and if I want to combine it with a picture I need to mute the television. Effort!

Hebrews 3:15 New International Version (NIV)
15 As has just been said:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
    do not harden your hearts
    as you did in the rebellion.”
 
We can do the same with God. We need to desire to hear from Him. We then need to be dedicated to His voice/His Word. We need to make spending time with God a good habit. Once we do that, we are advancing our relationship with Him like a base runner headed for home plate.

Think about it. Hitting any Spiritual homeruns lately?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment