Sunday, March 11, 2018

What A Small World It Is 3/11/2018

Good Morning,

My sleep was confused by the Daylight Saving Escapade that was held last night in the United States. So I believe it will take two cups of Door County Strawberry Smoothie Coffee to kick start this machine.

Last night after our Saturday evening church service my very intelligent friends thought that serving a baked potato with all kinds of toppings would make for a nice time of fellowship and dining. As always, they were right and the simple potato bar was a hit. One little lady even brought some jelly beans as a topping. I did put some on a potato so I could say I tried it and it wasn't all that bad.



There has been a couple and their grand daughter coming to church for about two years now. I knew them from our past work in youth ministry. Rene and I were privileged to have worked with their son when he was a teen. But we really never knew anything personal about the family. Last night Grandma and her grand daughter were sitting at a table eating their potato delight. Grandpa was home with a slight illness. Rene was sitting at a table with some other friends of ours, so I decided to sit with these two faithful attenders and get to know them better.

I am glad that I did. During our conversation and I don't know how it was brought up, but we discussed where us two older folks went to grade school. Low and behold we both went to the same grade school and were just a couple years apart. Another good friend of ours who attends on Saturday nights with us was there and she too went to that same school. I called her over and we found out that we all knew some of the same people and the old neighborhood was common ground for us to talk and laugh about.

Titus 1:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled,

My point is this. If I had let them sit there alone and not had gone over to enjoy some time with them and get to know them, another week would have gone by without true fellowship. It was a very nice time and it made my night. Our world can be very small at times and if we let Him, God will make room for more friends and enlarge our own personal world. A stranger is a friend you haven't made yet. We need to reach out at all times and be hospitable.

So make a new friend or reacquaint with an old one today. it's your day to enlarge your world.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment