Thursday, March 15, 2018

Phone Etiquette 3/15/2018

Good Morning,


The night was a long one, but a little prayer and a cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee will help to start the day off right.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call out to me and I will answer you!

I believe that a few things of days gone by are worth bringing back. I for one would like to see customer service really come back and especially some telephone etiquette.





Today, whenever you call a business for anything they have you talk to a machine and punch 1 for yes 2 for no, 3 for ten other languages and when you get nowhere, they put you on hold for an hour so you can talk to a human you can't understand anyway.

Or there are those who think that they will make a sale over the telephone by calling you after 8 PM when you are winding down.  This my friends is lack of true customer service and poor etiquette. This is placing no value on the customer's time or family. This is rude business behavior and I for one would rather deal with a human who I call for something I need. Don't call me. I will call you. Then there are the machine calls to your home, a machine that just postpones the inevitable wait to get to a human voice. Really?

I am glad that God does not work that way.. He listens and responds, and you can call him 24/7 through prayer. We could learn a few business ethics and etiquette from God.


Just saying!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment