Friday, March 16, 2018

The Value Of A Dollar 3/16/2018

Good Morning,


Once again Friday arrived just when I need it most. I lower my head in prayer and raise my mug of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee in salute to the weekend!

Leviticus 25:14 English Standard Version (ESV)
14 And if you make a sale to your neighbor or buy from your neighbor, you shall not wrong one another.

I was doing a little shopping this last week for a new pair of shoes for work that will support these weary knees until they get replaced this summer. Now shoe shopping isn't something I enjoy at all. But one can learn a lot while shopping. I went to one of the supposedly finer shoe emporiums and found that there is little or no customer service for assistance. I managed to find something that I thought would suffice, but could not find a seat to sit down on to change the shoes.




I tried doing a balancing act and looked like a drunken hippo in a ballet while attempting to get the shoes on. When I asked for a little assistance finding something else I received this answer. "Have you thought about wearing tennis shoes instead of leather shoes?" The clerk tried to sell me some athletic shoes in red saying that they come in many colors. Imagine the next business meeting I went to and looked like I was unable to coordinate my clothing and was headed to the basketball court instead.

I decided to go and find a better shoe store and I did some research on their service before I went. Their service was rated highly as well as their product. I was greeted when  entered the store, and asked how they could help me. I explained what I was looking for and a sad expression appeared on the face of the clerk. " I am afraid that you won't find what you are looking for in our store. But let me recommend another store and I will call ahead for you." I replied that it would be great if he did that and followed his instructions to the next store. Again in the new store I was greeted, assisted, thanked and left very happy with my purchase. I did however return to the last store to thank the clerk who directed me away from his store to purchase shoes elsewhere. While there, I spied some socks that looked warm and inviting. I was also in need of some new socks and I purchased two pair while there.

These two stores valued making money. That is what they are in business for. But they decided to meet the needs of their customer and not pad their wallets instead. Both had respect for the customer and the potential for the correct sale. They will be recommended by me for references on good places to shop. They valued future references over the immediate sale. They respected how hard people have to work for their money.  These were honest business men!

God bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippians 2:4 English Standard Version (ESV)

    4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

    ReplyDelete