Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Hot Dogs On The Grill 3/21/2018

Good Morning,

May God bless you today and I pray that all of you are well. I just poured a cup of Door County Blackberry Short Cake Coffee and as soon as I finish praying I will write.
 
Proverbs 5:18 New Living Translation (NLT)
18 Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you.
    Rejoice in the wife of your youth.

Last night Rene and I were talking about the weather and how cold it is and looks to be for a week. I am a winter person and Rene is definitely a summer time gal. I asked her what she was hoping to do this summer. I was wondering what she was planning for us.



She replied, "keeping it simple this summer would be nice. I am looking forward to you grilling some hot dogs on the grill and the two of us eating at the picnic table. Those simple meals are the best". She went on to say that she enjoys hearing my radio playing in the garage. "I know you enjoy listening to baseball games or sermons on the Evangelical station, when you are puttering on our projects." She told me how she peeks into the garage while watering the flowers to see me working on some antique or restringing some duck decoys.  "That dog doesn't leave your side until you come in for the night. I think that he likes listening to the radio with you." She laughed and said. "You two are a pair for sure".

It's funny that what she looks forward to are the simple nights spent outside until dark. Rene is looking forward to a meal that at most, takes 10 minutes to prepare. The ambience is our own yard and our companions are each other and the dog. Then she said, "I see you listening to a sermon and I know that we are going to be ok, because you are seeking God. It is most assuring to be married to a guy who seeks guidance from God." I was speechless. ( Which for me is a miracle) I had no idea that I was being watched and that she even noticed what I was listening to. She explained that on the day that my habits change and I am not feeding my soul, she will be worried. "That's why I try not to bother you while you are working and listening. I also can tell when you are praying. I  love to see that after your time spent with God you drink your sweet peach tea and turn on the baseball game. It is usually not long there after, that you are sleeping in the chair, next to the dog. That is summertime peace."

I guess my wife knows me pretty well after being married for 1000 years. I am blessed to be married to someone who values their own relationship with God as well as valuing mine.  Friends do you work to make sure your spouse has time with the Lord? Do you encourage it?

Food for thought?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment