Monday, March 19, 2018

Shake The Sugar Tree 3/19/2018

Good Morning,

I decided to re-post a blog note from a few years ago. I was doing some shooting with my nephew on Saturday and this memory popped into my head.  I am a blessed man to have family.  This is from a cold November morning on Thanksgiving day. Enjoy!

Good Morning,

Thanksgiving Day and I filled the Thermos Bottle with Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee and went out hunting.



I want to talk about yesterday though. My good friend Steve, who is like a brother to me, our grandson Dominick and I went out to hunt in the morning. We were all set when we noticed another hunter's truck pulling into the parking lot. I started a short walk to the lot and thought I recognized the truck. I was right. It was my nephew Nick and his girl friend . Circumstances had prevented them from hunting in a different spot. They joined us for the hunt. Earlier when I stopped for some bakery, something told me to buy extra. It was great sharing donuts and cinnamon rolls under a tree. We prayed, laughed a lot and shot at a few geese. Sad to say that we did not hit anything though. Now later today we are all headed in different directions with other commitments.

For me, I received two Thanksgiving dinners. One was in a swamp where family gathered to pray and enjoy fellowship as well as some sweet treats. Today some more of my family and I will get holiday fat on some turkey, another blessing has beset me.

Both will be nice. But yesterday God decided to shake His "Sugar Tree" for me. Although there wasn't any game put into the freezer, the blessing of gathering in the swamp with family was beyond measurable. I thank God for the experience of family.

Psalm 39:7New King James Version (NKJV)
“And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in You.


God Bless. I am thankful for all of you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment