Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Near To The Heart Of God 3/6/2018

Good Morning,

Door County Mocha Mint Coffee graced my cup and then my taste buds early this morning on this snowy March day.



Snow storms in March, not all that uncommon where we live but I did see a little lightening last night which made the storm that much more interesting. Snow blowers in March!!

I often hear people say that their wish or goal is to be closer to the heart of God. I have had people ask me this question. "How do I draw nearer to the heart of God"?  The answer is fairly simple you must desire to do so and make God the Delight of your heart.

James 4:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

God will draw nearer to us as we draw nearer to Him. But how does a believer draw closer to God? There is really only one answer. God delights in our obedience in what He has asked us to do.

John 15:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 

Exodus 19:5 New International Version (NIV)
Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine,

 
I have had God seem very distant from me and when a truly surveyed the "God drought" I found that I had neglected to do something that God asked me to do. I was the rebellious child that the Father stopped talking to. I needed to go back and complete what God asked me to do if I still could or I needed to get on my knees and beg for forgiveness. Then and only then did I feel like I was moving closer to God. We hold the key to God's heart. It is in our obedience to Him.
 
Think this through and see if it applies to you. Pass it on.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment