Saturday, March 17, 2018

A New Addiction 3/17/2018

Good Morning,

Nothing like a good night of sleep and then waking up to a mug of Door County Turtles In A Cup Coffee.

Matthew 4:4 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.



The word addiction when heard by most of us gives off a negative connotation almost immediately. It is often thought of in the negative arena of drugs, alcohol, sex or anorexia. In a lesser way, I have heard people use the word addictive to describe a great taste like chocolate. " That candy bar is addictive", meaning that the chocolate tastes so good that it makes you want more and more.

When I first became a Christian and purchased my first Bible and then opened it, the Word of God became alive in my heart and mind. I wanted to read more and more of it and just couldn't seem to get enough Bible time. Someone said to me "Your new obsession has become an addiction. you need to quit". At that point  I was barely working and I had plenty of time to feed my addiction.

In all honesty Dear Friends, those were probably some of the sweetest times of my life. I spent tons of time reading God's Word and desiring more of Him. As I learned more about God ,my relationship with Him grew. I was convicted of changes that needed to happen in my life and it was easier to accomplish them and live in obedience.

It was an addiction I am glad to say that I had and still have. A day without Bible time is like a day without water for me. Yes there are times that like a drug addict I find myself binge reading to satisfy my soul. But this addiction has never hurt me in any way and has helped me grow in order to help others as led by God.

I would recommend this life long addiction to anyone and if it were contagious I would pass it on like a flu bug out of control.

Open your Bible today and read it. Once you pick it up, it is the only Book that leaves a lasting impression on your soul.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment