Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thank You For 14.5 Miles 3/8/2018

Good Morning,

My pot of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is ready to pour and with a prayer to start the day, I am ready to write.



As many of us do, I tend to complain way too much. Complaining and whining seem to go hand in hand and I can't really tell the difference between the two. The team from the show Seinfeld made complaining and whining an art form and they made a good living from it.

I decided to try and I do mean try to limit my complaining to reality based complaints only and look for things to praise others for and enjoy. The other day we had a late March snowstorm and I anticipated a slippery ride on the highway to work. I travel 14.5 miles to work and the path I take goes through several communities. The roadways from start to finish were plowed and salted. I waved to one of the snowplow drivers and thought to myself that they had done an excellent job.
I then allowed myself to be real and admit, that all winter season long the roads were cleared very well each time. They had gotten me to work on time, every time it snowed and then home safely.

Now had I not been looking for the good instead of something to complain about I would have been whining about the pile of snow they had plowed off of the road and into my driveway. But that was just a little work for me and it is part of living in an area that receives snow. No whining!

If we look for the good it is easy to look past the bad and less whining makes those around us much happier. Just ask my wife.

Philippians 2:14-16 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

Thoughts to live by!

Marty

2 comments: