Friday, March 23, 2018

The Gift Of Restlessness 3/23/2019

Good Morning,

Friday came to save me from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and it arrived right on time. My prayer today is again one of thanks. I am thankful for my wife and family. I am also thankful for a mug of very hot Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee.



Have you ever had a restless soul? The restless soul is a gift. It is God calling us to something more. More than what we are, more than what we have, more than we can imagine, is God's call to us. He is always at work and will call upon us to join Him. At first it causes a crisis of faith. Can I do that? Am I equipped? Do I have time? The answer to all three questions is "PROBABLY NOT". God takes the ordinary and does the extraordinary.

God desires for us to follow obediently in faith and He will supply the smarts, the resources and the vision.  He does wonders with those of us who can be teachable and are willing to step up and fly.

We can sense that stirring in our souls when God calls us through prayer, sermons, or someone asking us to step out for the Lord. our thoughts turn to the calling and we begin to contemplate it, consider it and find ourselves sorting out the pros and cons. It is on our mind and we hear it more than once. God wants to lead us to more of Him and we find more of Him as we answer His call in obedience.

Philippians 4:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

We need not worry about the details God will supply. When going on short term mission trips I have had a person come up and ask me where I am going and then pay for the whole trip. God supplied the finances. I was helping a teen earn some money for one of her trips and we did some plumbing work for a family. They asked us what our bill was when we finished. We told them we would take whatever they offered. They wrote a check that covered her whole trip and then some. It was 100% more than what I would have charged. God laid it on their heart to provide. In the middle of a mission trip I was leading,  I needed to leave for a day. The only trained leader I had was a 19 year old. I left her in charge and she did just fine. God gave her wisdom and leadership skills well beyond her age.

What is God calling you to do today? Will you say yes? You can do it!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment