Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Taking A Breath In The Cold 2/10/16

Good Morning,

The aroma of some Door County Cherry Crème Coffee is calling me to the kitchen. I am in need of something warm to drink.
         
Isaiah 1:18        
 
"Come now, and let us reason together," Says the LORD, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool
 Last night we had an elders meeting at church and by our standards it ended relatively early. The meeting was important as we were seeking God's leadership on some choices to be made. When we eventually left for home we discovered that we had been blanketed with a snowfall.
 
When I got home and before I went inside, I took some time to stay outdoors and just look up and breathe. The air was cold and snowy. The snow fell on my face and refreshed me. I let it melt as I looked up and the water ran down the sides of my face. I was pondering the discussions of the night, as well as the restlessness I have been feeling in my heart. I am still not sure what that is all about.
 
The snow and the fresh air reminded me that our whole meeting was held only because of God's gift to us of Jesus Christ and his grace to pardon our sins. The snow felt so good on my face. I went in to the house still not knowing why I am so restless but it did not matter as much, when I thought about God's grace and how he washes away our sins through Jesus. In due time He will enlighten me as to what He is doing and how it matters to me. So I must wait patiently.
 
Take time to breathe and wait on God.
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment