Friday, February 19, 2016

Don't Call Me, I'll Call You 2/18/2016

Good Morning,

Friday and it is a day to celebrate for me. So I started this day off with a big cup of one of my favorites, Jingle Bell Java from the Door County Coffee Company. Rene has the day off and I wish her the best of a day filled with late sleep. Off to work I go!

Lately we have received several calls from the Internal Revenue Service asking us to settle our back taxes that we supposedly owe. They want us to give them a credit card number so we can charge our debt and avoid jail time.

We all know that these phone calls are a hoax and a scam that people are using to trick others into giving them your credit card number so they can steal money from us. This is an illegal activity and the local television stations are warning people of the scam.

I for one actually welcome the calls. I have two approaches to their call. I ask to meet in person so I can pay cash and they hang up or I read the following Bible passages to them. For some reason they don't want to meet me!

Revelation 20:10  

And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 21:8

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Revelation 20:15   

And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire
 

Romans 10:13

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

They usually ask me what I am doing and I tell them what God has to say about those who lie and cheat other people. I am actually doing them a good deed. I have left them with God's Word and I leave the rest up to the Holy Spirit  to convict them of their need for a Savior. I actually show them the right way to eternal happiness. To be honest, they usually hang up right after I finish, some are yelling and screaming at me. But I know this, I took my Christianity on the offense and really hit a nerve with them.

Hebrews 4:12

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

 I did what they needed, and if the Word of God offended them, well that's between them and God.

Love to all!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment