Monday, February 1, 2016

Cabin In The Woods 2/1/2016

Good Morning,

Last night we returned home from a visit to Upper Michigan to see my Dad and unwind a little. Back to the grind with a snowstorm coming this week. So my pot of Door County Raspberry Butter Crunch Coffee will be the kick start to this day right after prayer.



Rene and I were able to stay in a tiny cabin in the woods of Michigan. We visited with Dad and watched some old movies with him. The food we enjoyed was great and we needed that time. The three of us and I forgot, we took our dog Gibbs along had a great time. Each night we returned to the "Cabin In The Woods". I was able to finish reading a friend's manuscript and was able to study myself. Rene worked on her study book and there was time for a little Yahtzee too. The cabin was small but warm. It was cozy and quiet. On the way home to Oak Creek we stopped and browsed a couple of antique shops. Now compared to my weekends of hunting, fishing, mission trips, dogs and work, this one was pretty mild and tame. But I needed to see Dad and spend time with Rene. No phones, no pagers no stress! Best of all, we were together. I make this trip alone from time to time out of necessity. Those roads seem so lonely and never ending. But with Rene along, the dog looking for an ice cream cone and the radio playing our favorite music, the trip goes by so much faster.  All it takes is one nod from her and I am looking for the next Culvers for a frozen custard treat. But again, best of all, we were together. Guys, spend time with your wives.

Proverbs 5:18New International Version (NIV)
18 May your fountain be blessed,
    and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
 
God Bless,
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment