Sunday, February 7, 2016

Breakfast With A Friend 2/7/2016

Good Morning,

I am finding it hard to wake up and get going today for some reason. My cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee needs to work a little overtime to jump start my day.

I will be leaving shortly to have breakfast with a long time friend. Just two old guys at a cholesterol emporium catching up on things, planning an outing with our wives, when we can celebrate his wife's recovery from some upcoming surgeries on a very sore leg. I know one thing for sure, we won't be going to eat chicken wings. ( Inside joke)

My wife likes to say that the two of us remind her of a couple of movie actors from long ago.

I hate to admit it but, we actually do act like those two comedians pretty well. Here's the point, this breakfast will be more than two old dudes shortening their lives with bacon and eggs. We will have prayer, and then talk about our lives, holding each other accountable for spiritual growth. In ministry times my friend is my right hand man. In fun times he is there to make things even more amusing and fun. In hard times he is there before I can turn around.  I said there would only be the two of us at breakfast. I guess I forgot to mention our third party.

Matthew 18:20New Living Translation (NLT)
20 For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”

I think that verse says it all. For my other friends let's see from the picture and description if you can figure out who I am having breakfast with! The rest of you call a good friend, have breakfast or coffee together, hold each other accountable for behavior and spiritual growth. God will join you.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment