Thursday, February 4, 2016

Prayer? 2/4/2016

Good Morning,

As I drink a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee and pray, my fingers are hitting the keys on the computer as I try to put a bow around my thoughts.



Today my mind started to wander to a place far away, but not too far away in my mind. It was a shore on a lake in North Dakota. I wouldn't mind being there right now. For some reason I can remember that day like it was yesterday. I remember starting it with prayer and I can specifically recall who I was praying for that morning. I won't go into details as to who or what I was praying about. Some of the prayers were answered in a way that was contrary to what I was hoping for. Some of the prayers of that day have gone unanswered and I continue to pray for an answer. Others were answered as I requested.

People might say "then why pray"? There are times when I have thought that way myself. I can smile and say this. I share what is on my heart with God. He answers in a way that always shows me what the right answer is and if my request was not in line with what He desired. When I have to wait and I pray over and over again He knows that I am persistent and His answer will come in the right time, on time. When He answers in a way that aligns with what I was thinking, I am grateful for that instance when I shared with God and He shared with me His thoughts.
Prayer allows us to worship and praise the Lord. It also allows us to offer confession of our sins, which should lead to our genuine repentance. Moreover, prayer grants us the opportunity to present our requests to God. All of these aspects of prayer involve communication with our Creator. He is personal, cares for us, and wants to commune with us through prayer.

" … if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." -2 Chronicles 7:14
Isaiah wrote, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint" (Isaiah 40:29-31).

Prayer is not just about asking for God's blessings – though we are welcome to do so – but it is about communication with the living God. Without communication, relationships fall apart. So, too, our relationship with God suffers when we do not communicate with Him. Many reasons to pray, but this is my number one.

Spend some time in prayer, God is waiting to hear from you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment