Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Trip To The Emergency Room 2/24/2016

Good Morning,
I hope you are well. I wish we could sit and share a cup of my Door County Cherry Crème Coffee together. That would be a nice day.

Many of you know that I work at a large medical center. My office is very close to the Emergency department and quite often my work has me interacting with the department manager and some of the staff. Sometimes when I walk by I can see into the department and can tell by the intensity level that they are extremely busy. I can also tell by the looks on their faces when they are trying to save a life or when things are going bad for a patient. It's at that time when I take a trip and go to another Emergency Department.

Now let this be known. I do not have a clinical bone in my body and can do nothing to help anyone except to give someone an aspirin, two band aids and some advice to suck it up and it will make you stronger. My biggest form of compassion is to sympathy vomit. If you vomit in front of me, I will have sympathy and vomit right next to you. So what trip do I take? I walk and pray silently for God's help in healing, or comfort during a loss for families, and to protect my co-workers from anguish and hurt. I pray that God will help them as He uses them to save a life or to comfort them if the answer is no. I go to Heaven's Emergency Department and pray because it is the best I can do and the least I can do. They never know they were prayed for and they don't need to. But since I believe in God and prayer, wherever I am, the Emergency Room is just a prayer away.

Philippians 4:6New King James Version (NKJV)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;


Pray for someone to day. Let God know you care. Send a silent message of love for those in need right to God.

Have a great day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment