Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Giving It Your Best 2/17/2016

Good Morning,

The dawn has broken a little and the sound of the Door County Raspberry Crunch Coffee draining into the pot has me awake. Gibbs hit the floor and wants to be fed. It's a regular circus here this morning.

On Friday I will be slathering some chicken with barbecue sauce and firing up the grill. I really believe that a good piece of chicken should never be insulted with mediocre barbecue sauce. Knowing in advance what I was going to grill, Rene and I drove a good piece to obtain a barbecue sauce that I really believe is one of the best I have ever tasted.
 
 
This will be chicken fit for a king and queen. Here is the point, anything good takes effort and should receive our best shot. This is especially true when it comes to work, our families, our marriages and our relationship with God.
 
Colossians 3:23-24New King James Version (NKJV)
23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.


People will go a long way for a great steak or a hobby. But how far would you travel to bring a cup of water to a beggar? Give it all your best. Second best is never good enough.

Have a great day.!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment