Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Worry Part Two 7/16/13

Dear Friends. Good Morning.

I am starting my day with a cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee as we look at "Worry Part Two".


I journal quite a bit. I write down things I am praying for or things on my mind or let's call it what is. (Worry). I go back a year later and re-read my journal and look at how those particular things worked out. Sometimes I then can see God's hand clearly in the matter and how He worked my way through it. It is not always how I would have preferred for them to be worked out but I have learned that in some things we have no control and worrying is not going to help at all. We must by faith in Almighty God trust that He is in control. He can be counted on no matter how it looks to carry us through.

It is at these times I turn to some of my favorite passages on worry.

Psalm 23:4
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I recommend a journal. It tells your life story and sometimes we need to go back and read how the road of our story was walked. It might be possible to pass these on to our loved ones when we pass. It might help them to know how we relied on God and gave our worries to Him. So today let's all try to take one worry if not all of them and cast them where they need to be.

1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV)

7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you
 
Have a great day. God bless,
Marty

 




 


No comments:

Post a Comment