Friday, July 19, 2013

Least of These Part One 7/19/13

Good Morning Dear Friends.

I am starting my day with a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. Some days are Cherry Creme kind of days.

Last weekend I had the blessing to meet with a young song writer. He asked me to listen to a song that he had written. I listened while he played the music and sang. After he was finished I asked if I could publish the lyrics in this devotional. I am thankful that he granted me permission.  Each verse of the song has a common thread to the others. The chorus got to me and made me think about how we look at those less fortunate within our society. So for the next three days I will devote a day to each song verse and Scripture. What impact it has, is all up to the Holy Spirit.

 
The Least of These
 
He didn't ask for this.
This wasn't his dream.
To reach out his hand, and ask every man for a small offering.
The clothes that he wears around someone threw away
The food that he eats, he calls it a feast.
He found in the trash today.
 
Chorus
And he is the least of these.
He has his own name.
He is someone that God's only Son Came here to save.
What are we doing to reach him?
How are we meeting his needs?
Cuz whatever we do for him,
We do for our King.
 
 
Friends we are all surrounded by those in need. What do we think when we see a homeless man or woman asking for a dollar? Someone with a sign that says"will work for food"? A family of 9 living in a cheap motel? One room with nine inside. These too are God's children.
 
Matthew 25: 35-40 "‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 “The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ "
 
 
I wonder if God ever sends angels in the disguise of these to test us? It says in Matthew 25:35-40 that whatever we do to the least of His brothers we did to Him. I wonder how many of us pass Him by. And think about this. What if it were you and you had to beg?
 
God bless,
Part two tomorrow.
Marty
 


No comments:

Post a Comment