Friday, July 12, 2013

Bass Fishing 7/12/13





Fish Boil In Wisconsin

Good Morning,

Oh Friday you did not for get us. I knew you would come back. I am starting my day with a big cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. www.doorcountycoffee.com

I am more of a hunter than a fisherman. I do occasionally like to fish with family and friends but I must admit I am not a die hard fisherman. I do however enjoy an Old Fashioned Fish Boil.

But back to fishing. My Dad, my brother, myself, and my two nephews used to fish a small lake filled with large mouth bass on Father's Day for quite a few years. My Dad, brother and youngest nephew used to compete with my older nephew Nick and me to see which small boat could haul in the biggest catch of bass.

Each team won the prize, but I do believe Nick and I did pretty well giving them a lesson on  how to fish.

But enough fish stories. We still laugh about those trips and dig into each other as to who caught the biggest. ( Nick and Me). But what was more important was that we spent time as a family together.

Psalm 127:3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

These are the same to nephews who watch our dogs and have helped me these last weeks as I recover from shoulder surgery. You see they learned at a young age that family time is important.

Nick ended up being the real fisherman in the family, Matt the football player. Oh did I mention that we used to play pick up football games with the boys?

Spend time with your kids, nephews, nieces, and grandchildren. They won't forget it.

Love Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment