Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Noah and the Ark 7/9/13



Good Morning,

Today's cup is filled with Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. Then off to work.

Over the last month I have been studying Noah and the Ark. I have been able to enjoy digging up some Biblical facts that I will use this coming Saturday in a message.

One thing I found is that this huge ship was built without a rudder. A rudder is a small tail fin of sorts for a boat that allows the captain to steer the watercraft.

That made me think about this. How did Noah steer the ship?

The answer is this. He didn't! He trusted God to eventually land the boat where God wanted it to be. Noah gave control of the ship to God. He was not instructed to add a rudder. Noah followed directions. Eventually the boat landed and all those inside were safe.

Many times in the face of calamity we choose to steer the ship or we run to others for advice. We forget to trust our 24/7 all powerful God. We should go to Him first in prayer, listen and He will tell you which direction or who might help. I have attached below two passages that support this claim.

I always will answer my phone to pray with those in times of questioning or turmoil. I will also ask if they prayed before dialing 1-800 IDIOT. I am that idiot. Those who are in leadership roles should always teach others to go to God first. Then we are teaching them to rely on God and not on man. God may direct them to men for assistance but it will be the right man or woman for help. Wouldn't it be best if God were steering our ships?

Isaiah 30:20-21
And though the Lord gives you
The bread of adversity and the water of affliction,
Yet your teachers will not be moved into a corner anymore,
But your eyes shall see your teachers.
21 Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying,
“This is the way, walk in it,”
Whenever you turn to the right hand
Or whenever you turn to the left.


Psalm 121
121 I will lift up my eyes to the hills—
From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
Who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is your keeper;
The Lord is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment