Saturday, July 6, 2013

Grocery Shopping 7/6/13

Good Morning and Happy Saturday to You.

I have started my day with a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and breakfast with a buddy.

A lot of people will head out on Saturdays to the grocery store or food market. I remember as a young boy that my dad and I would do the food shopping at a small market in our neighborhood. This was at a time when the small markets still out numbered the chain grocery stores.

I would particularly like to watch my dad interact with the butcher. The butcher would show my dad hams or other cuts of meat until my dad saw what he wanted and we could afford to purchase. Then he would wrap it up and off we would go.

I have to admit that the beef liver in the display case didn't look too edible. And as a kid I would think "yuck". But my mother had a way of cooking it with onions and making a gravy that made the liver very tasty. She made the "yuck" into a great dinner.

That's what Jesus can do for us. He desires to take the sinner and make them beautiful before His Father.

Isaiah 64:6

 (NKJV)
6 But we are all like an unclean thing,
And all our righteousness are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind,
Have taken us away.
 
We are all like filthy rags and despite all we may try to do to earn our place in heaven with the Father we cannot do it.
 


Psalm 51:7

New King James Version (NKJV)
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

John 1:29 The Lamb of God

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

 
Only Jesus can clean us up and bring us home. He invites all of us to do so. He makes something beautiful out of the yuck.

Revelation 3:20

New King James Version (NKJV)
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

Have a great day,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment