Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Religion 7/10/13

Good Morning,

Today I am taking on a tough subject, so I started this morning with a cup of Door County Chocolate Melt Down Coffee extra strong!




People have asked me " what religion are you"? I smile and say "Christian".  "But what denomination are you? I say non-denominational." Some walk away confused. I believe it is important as readers of this blog you understand where I am coming from.

Folks, I belong to a Bible based non-denominational Christian church. I believe that all 66 books of the Bible are the inspired word of God.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that salvation is not of works but is a gift from God through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.

John 3:16-17
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9

New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

I believe there is a heaven and a hell. I believe that it is a free choice that we make to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and then will live in heaven for eternity.




Romans 10:13 (NKJV)

13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Matthew 25:41          
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Romans 2:6-8     
He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.

I believe the world has plenty of religion and plenty of head knowledge about Jesus Christ. But what the world needs is less religion and a true relationship with the Savior.

John 14:1-7 The Way, the Truth, and the Life

14 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

So there is what I believe.
 
It all started for me July 7th 1981.
 
More about that next week.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment