Friday, July 26, 2013

Music for my soul7/28/13

Good Morning.

No Coffee for me this morning. But if I were able to drink some today it would be some Door County Blueberry Cobbler.

There is many types of music that one can listen to these days. Our television has about 60 different music stations that we can tune into. The selections are way too many to mention. I do like to listen to music and enjoy many different types.

But the best music for my soul is that melody I enjoy while laughing or hearing laughter. This laughter needs to be wholesome and not malicious in nature. There is nothing funnier than watching a baby giggle for the first time. Did you ever wonder what they are laughing about. Well, they are looking at you!

Proverbs 17:22 (ESV)

A joyful heart is good medicine,
    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
 
We all spend a lot of time being way too serious. What I remember about the first date I ever had with my wife was the laughter we shared while in a canoe. It had been a long time since laughter filled my belly like that day. As I mentioned before that was our first date. We have been married as she says "a thousand years now". But we still laugh together.  
 
So today share a laugh with someone not at someone.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment