Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The Deep Freeze 1/29/2019

Good Morning,

A cup of Door County Irish Creme Coffee is giving me an aroma to take in as well as a hot drink to warm up with.



The weather forecast for this part of the world where I live is "Deep Freeze". We are expecting weather temperatures to be well below zero and combined with heavy winds  it is a deadly combination.  The news services are warning everyone to try not to travel during these cold days. They have made recommendations  on how to get by. They advised us to stock up on food, change the filters on our furnaces, keep extra clothes in the car in case you have to travel, and cover any exposed skin to prevent frostbite. Advice has been given to us to keep our pets inside as much as possible.

These are all good things to heed and to be honest I will be doing most all of those. I have learned to respect the cold weather and the damage it can do.


Psalm 119:76 New International Version (NIV)
    according to your promise to your servant.

76 May your unfailing love be my comfort,

One thing none of them have advised on  is what to do while cooped up. I think they believe that everyone will occupy their time wisely.Well, families are not used to being kept inside and they probably will watch a lot of television. That grows old quickly. Some people will catch up on some extra sleep. My advice would be to take this time and spend it reading your Bible, praying with the family and then sit down to a board game or two. My Bible has been used to warm my heart many times. It starts a fire within my soul and leads me trough long days and long nights.

Think ahead and call  the elderly neighbors and check on their well being. Bring them a pot of soup, if you can.  A little extra cooking could be done by a few family members.

A warm heart is the first need every day. and nothing warms a heart like a praying, family.

God Bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment