Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Observations From The Window 1/8/2019

Good Morning,

The cup of Door County Bourbon Vanilla Cream Coffee that is next to me has the duty of warming me up this morning and waking me up. It's a tall order for the coffee mug this morning.

Rehabilitation continues on my knee replacements and so far so good. I am still using ice packs through the night to alleviate or mange the pain as well as reducing the swelling. So by morning my core temperature is low and it takes awhile to warm up once I am removed from the warm covers on our bed.



So as I sat at the kitchen table today, praying and pondering I just s observed the world outside from the inside of our home.  Here is what I observed and what I learned.

Genesis 8:22 English Standard Version (ESV)
22 While the earth remains, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”

The weather is going to change. The squirrels are feeding and storing. The cardinals are busy doing the same.  My neighbor just loaded some salt bags into her kids car. I assume this is extra weight to avoid sliding around. People are out walking their dogs early and those folks are bundled up in warm coats and hats.  The incoming weather is seen in the actions of the animals and the humans.


Daniel 2:21 English Standard Version (ESV)
    he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to those who have understanding;

21 He changes times and seasons;

The kids in the neighborhood all gathered on the corner for the school bus to pick them up. Some were dressed for the cold weather, while others were dressed to be more fashionable. Guess which ones looked colder than the others? Some of the kids were wide awake, while others looked like they needed more sleep.

I observed the wind speed pick up just by watching the trees move with the wind. Although it's colder and more dreary than it has been in a few days I really did see God at work just from the window.

How did I see Him at work?

1. He blessed us with a warm home.
2. Only God makes the wind blow and the trees move.
3. He changes the seasons and the daily weather patterns.
4. He created the birds and the squirrels. He taught them how to survive the winter.
5. He blessed the neighborhood with children. I enjoyed seeing some of them laughing and enjoying      the beginning of their day.
6. I saw God in those who prepared for the day with salt and early dog walking. He instilled common
    sense in all of us.

Now, all in all. I did not see rainbows, tornadoes, or life altering actions. I saw a typical day. A day that God made. The view He shared with me of the morning was His to share. I saw God at work.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment