Wednesday, January 9, 2019

A Long Night In Prayer 1/9/2019

Good Morning,

A cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee awaits me later. I hope is that I will go back to sleep for a couple hours. But while I am up, I shall write.

Last night found me struggling to sleep. My two new knees dialed in a pain level that wasn't absurd, but just enough to keep me awake. While curled up in my bed, I was led to pray. I consider it all joy when the Holy Spirit tells me who to pray for and nudges me with a reminder.

Mark 11:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

Several of you reading this were prayed for last night. I had tuned in an old movie earlier with two funny comedians, Abbott and Costello as the headlining stars in the movie. Usually those two can make me laugh and forget my woes. But last night only prayer and faith was going to help. Funny thing as I prayed for others I did not notice the pain in my legs. When my prayer list ended for others I asked god if He would relieve the nuisance and within minutes I was asleep, only to have the alarm clock wake me up so I could make my wife Rene some breakfast and see how she was doing. She has been ill with a stomach virus and she is headed back to work today. I think I had been asleep for about forty minutes or so.

My point for today is this. Despite anything that can be going on in our lives we can always find time to pray for others. This is a God given right to all believers to call upon God 24 hours a day. Heaven never closes and God doesn't mind a late call from His kids.

I don't know how god will answer the prayers I lifted up. That is up to Him. His will be done. My faith in God let's me know my prayers were heard. Most of the people I prayed for will never know they received prayer last night.

In our time of faithful prayer, we are being obedient to God as He has commanded us to pray. I just prayed now for some test results to come through for a loved one who is waiting on them. It's not important as to how we verbalize our prayers or if we are eloquent with words. It is important that we pray. So skip a movie or two and see if your prayers of faith don't move mountains.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment