Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Notes Under A Rock 1/15/2019

Good Morning,

It is a cold damp day here where I live and my cup of Door County Frosting On The Cake Coffee is hot and tasty. It is working to fight off the chill in our home.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 English Standard Version (ESV)
11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing

As I recuperate from knee joint replacements, the kitchen table has become my desk. I haven't graduated to moving back upstairs to my den. The kitchen window has gifted me with being able to observe more people  and their daily routines.



I have been watching all kinds of things from joggers, to dog walkers, kids waiting for school buses and one young lady who receives a ride to school. A van with a female driver picks her up. This just looks like one family helping another. Prior to the van pulling up, the young lady walks down to the end of the street and waits on the corner for her ride. This does not happen every day. Yesterday I happened to be outside with our dog when she made her morning trek to wait for her ride.

I have been noticing that this young lady takes a very small package and places it in the landscape rock of the yard bordering the street corner. Later another young lady comes by to catch a ride about twice a week and she retrieves the little package.  I believe they must attend different schools.

So my curiosity got the best of me. I asked the young lady what she was doing and she said "my friend struggles with school and when I know she is ride sharing I leave her a note of encouragement in the rocks. I read a daily devotional and I share a page or two with her. I cut the message from my book and save it for her. We study hard and do not have time during the week to chat and be friends". She showed me the contents of the package. It was exactly what she said it was.  I thanked her for being a good friend to her pal. " Before her ride came, she went on to explain that the receiver of the note also shares the message with other teens who enjoy an encouraging word.

I see in this last couple of weeks, teenagers caring for others. They are not hurting the landscape. But they are making the world a better place one little page at a time. When was the last time you sent a note of encouragement?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment