Saturday, January 26, 2019

Lost In The Calamity 1/26/2019

Good Morning,

The frigid weather is still with us and I sure do appreciate my cup of Door County Maple Coffee this morning. It is supposed to be even colder next week. My kind of weather! No mosquitoes for sure. The hearth is hot with another load of firewood.



This week has been an avalanche of news that would throw any mind into a spin. Building a border wall, shutting down the government, people without jobs, unsafe skies, abortion law changes in New York, spies, and poor politics took the headlines and the wind right out of many of us. 


Matthew 6:9-13 New International Version (NIV)
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
    on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
    as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,
    but deliver us from the evil one.

“This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,

Hidden back behind these other news attention mongers was the fact that a three year old boy in North Carolina had wandered away from home and was lost in the freezing elements for three days. Search parties sought to find him without success.

Rene and I honestly prayed about all of these news items and are still seeking God for the answers. We also prayed for that little boy to be found. Time was running out and one of the short updates on him was that officials were losing hope. I am sure prayers for him were many and non ending.

But low and behold right after what I would call the nightmare of news that actually just angers me, the announcement came that this little guy was found alive and would be fine. This was good news, for all to hear. I have been lost in the woods when I was about twelve years old while deer hunting. Darkness came, i was dressed for the weather and knew that someone would be looking for me. i was armed with a rifle, but yet I can still recall a little despair setting in and thinking I just might sit out all night was not a great feeling. Yet this little guy made it.  Who knows what he went through waiting and wandering looking for home and his mom?

In the midst of political calamity the prayers for a small boy and his safety were heard and answered. That snippet of news made my night and for a short while, I cared less about a wall, lost jobs, and two political parties that should be ashamed of themselves for being stooges on a world level.

The good news reminded me of what can happen when people agree and pray.  We need a little more of that, don't we?

Have a great day. May it be one of prayer and peace of heart.

Marty.


No comments:

Post a Comment