Thursday, April 23, 2015

Where Are The Other Nine? 4/23/2015

Good Morning,

My Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee is nice and hot and is soothing the sting of this cold April morning. Before you know it the temperature will go from thirty degrees to ninety degrees in a flash and we will wonder where spring went. Thankful for these two ladies who have blessed me with being part of my life.



Luke 17:11-19New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Heals Ten Men With Leprosy

11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy[a] met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”
14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.
15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
17 Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? 18 Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” 19 Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

There are many times right after reading the passage above that I wonder why the other nine lepers did not come back and thank Jesus. I bet that like me, many of you have thought the same thing and thought that they were a bunch of ungrateful sluggards. Then I always stop and think about how I have been in life. There are plenty of times when I have forgotten to say the two simple words of thank you to someone. Or when I knew better and just was too self centered to say how grateful I am to someone that just did something for me. I then find that I am no better than the 9 lepers who did not come back to say thank you. When was the last time you just told someone that you are grateful that God put them into your life? Maybe your spouse, kids, grand kids, parents, co-workers or friends.

Before we condemn the 9 maybe we need to realize that all too often we do the same thing. Guilty as charged!

Make a change today!

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment