Friday, April 10, 2015

Come to Me 4/10/2015

Good Morning,

A cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee sits next to me with the steam rising slowly into the air. I am writing this morning and I find it difficult, as I am physically and emotionally drained. It usually takes quite a lot to wear me down but I am there for sure.



I am sure that I am not the only one who feels like this from time to time. This warrior has a dented helmet, my sword is dull, my armor is chaffing me, and I am tired. So I need to withdraw from the battles of life and run to Dad. I know that eventually I will return to normal and get right back into life. It won't take too long. I need to spend time with God and let Him heal some wounds, restore some pride, fill my heart again with love from above and then send me back in.

So since I am not the only one that this happens to let me show you the way to be rested in the Lord.

Matthew 11:28-30New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

You see, the problem is this. I tried to solve the world's problems that surrounded me in my own strength. I forgot that Jesus is with me and I am yoked to Him. I didn't stop and ask for directions, I did not learn from Him. So the world ate me up a little and spit me out. I ran on my own power and I ran out of power.

Scripture is easy to understand when we apply it to our lives. I missed that part of the equation. So learn from my mistakes and do better than the teacher.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment