Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Sock Drawer 4/21/2015

Good Morning,

Cold day here in Wisconsin. I am enjoying a big cup of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee.
I really don't think that I need another dose of crazy!

Last night it was cold and rainy outside and it wasn't a nice night to even work on a restoration project in our garage. So to be productive I decided to clean up my sock drawer. As I was sorting them by color and type, ( dress, work, warmth, etc.) I finally reached the bottom of the drawer and found two brand new pairs of black socks. They were a Christmas gift from two years ago. Last week I was just telling Rene that I needed to purchase some new black socks. I had forgotten that those two pair were placed in the bottom of the drawer. I was waiting to use them when some others needed replacing. Had I not decided that it was time for a sorting night, those two pair of socks would probably not have seen any use and new ones would have been purchased.

Isaiah 49:15-16                                
"Can a woman forget her nursing child And have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. "Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.
Unlike me God never forgets where you are. You certainly are not stuffed away in His sock drawer where His favorite pair get attention while you just sit there waiting on Him.

Isaiah 49:15-16 confirms that God is almighty and does not forget those He created. This verse has reassured me many times during some rough days that I am not abandoned. It tells me that I am heard when I cry out to God just like a baby cries to be fed. God treats all of His children the same and knows them inside and out and has us in the palm of His hand.

There is nothing sweeter than holding a new born baby as a parent. Isaiah 49:15-16 lets us know that God sees us as His babies at any age and enjoys taking care of us as He sees fit. Sometimes parents have to let a baby cry a little while until they fall asleep. Even when we cry we can know that we cry for awhile and God has a purpose in allowing us to wait on Him. He is a good parent and loves us.

So today, take some time to know that in His palm is where you rest best.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment