Thursday, April 9, 2015

On Eagles Wings 4/8/2015

Good Morning,

  My coffee this morning is Door County Cherry Crème. I am making another long road trip for work today and won't be home until later tonight. The thought of arriving home to my wife and our crazy dog will carry me through and make coming home that much better.


Last weekend my Nephew Nick and I were able to approach an American Bald Eagle and get close enough to snap a good picture with a cell phone. Seeing an eagle is always a big thrill for me. The site of this grand bird immediately takes me to a biblical place in my mind and gives me a picture of rest and strength. Knowing that I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Knowing that He alone is my Shepherd and leads me to rest in green pastures.

Isaiah 40:31King James Version (KJV)
31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

There are many things in nature including sounds that will cause me to stop and think about a passage of scripture, praise God, or just reflect on His greatness. Waterfalls especially remind me of His abundant blessings. A baby crying reminds me that He is the Creator of all life. A sunrise always has me thinking about the resurrection of Jesus.

Take a moment to look around today and thank God for what you see. He painted that living picture just for you, just in that moment. Capture that thought and keep it. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to a passage of scripture that you can recall when you see that sight or others like it again.

This helps me to walk each day knowing that I am never alone.


Deuteronomy 31:6New King James Version (NKJV)
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Have a great day. God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment