Saturday, April 25, 2015

Friday Night At Home 4/25/2015

Good Morning,

The sun is going to struggle to be seen today. Cold and damp is the best way to describe the view I see out of the window. My cup of Door County Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti Coffee tastes so good that I brought out my largest cup to help warm me up. Of course the fire place is crackling this morning with a small fire and Gibbs is curled up on top of my feet.

 
Ecclesiastes 9:7             
Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already approved what you do.

Rene and I are fairly disciplined into a routine and our lives really don't vary from week to week. Our Friday nights are usually spent doing very little except for relaxing and winding down from a hectic work week at home in our sweat pants and sweat shirts. Last night we knew that one of our nephews would be coming over with his friend to show me a duck gun that she was looking to sell. When they got to the house we talked and looked the gun over chatting about duck hunting and shooting techniques. My nephew mentioned that his younger brother would be showing up shortly to visit also. Rene asked if they were thirsty or hungry as she is always a good hostess. Now asking young folks on a Friday night  if they are hungry is like asking a puppy if they want to play. It wasn't too long before the griddle was out and some burgers were frying and the big frying pan was loaded with potatoes and onions. All three kids ate and drank their share. But what they didn't know was the story behind the meal and how we were blessed.

While grocery shopping a couple weeks ago the ground beef was on sale. I have to say that the price was very low and it caused me to think about having some frozen beef patties in the freezer "just in case". I prayed before going shopping for a deal on my groceries and had no intention of buying ground beef when I left our house. The bag of potatoes were given to me by a friend of mine two days ago while he was passing through. He is a potato farmer. The onion used was one given to us by a neighbor who bought a very large bag of onions and wanted to give onion gifts to the neighborhood. I thought that the gift of onions was a nice thing but somewhat odd.

Here's my point. We had such a nice time fellowshipping with those young folks. It was a break from the norm at our house. What a blessing to hear laughter and to be able to share some food with others. The house was filled with some hospitality and  fun. We were blessed to have those kids stop by. Now here's the question. Who blessed us? Of course it was God Our Father In Heaven. He knew two weeks ago about what we would need and when. He put together our evening for us. While we laughed and ate I could not but help but to smile and think. How great Thou art!

Have a great day.  How about letting God plan one out for you?

Marty





No comments:

Post a Comment