Friday, April 3, 2015

A Man For All Seasons 4/3/2015

Good Morning,

Friday has shown up again and with open arms I embrace the day. My mug is filled with Door County Mocha Mint Coffee and I will enjoy some now and later.

Colossians 4:5-6New International Version (NIV)
Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.




I am getting older by the minute and as I reflect on life I have to say that I really enjoyed it. When I was a boy I enjoyed baseball, football, toy army men and playing backyard games like hide and seek. I always have liked to fish and still enjoy being outside. As I reached my twenties I still played football and baseball but added a passion for hunting. I still like football and baseball, but can't play anymore.  I would play hide and seek, but would get lost now. But my passion for hunting is as great as it has ever been. Although, it takes me longer to recover from a weekend of hunting than it did 20 years ago!

I noticed that with time my passions are still there but they have developed to meet my age and my desires. 



One of my greatest fears is to become useless at church. Things within churches change and one needs to change, to stay relevant. But one also needs to keep in touch with his or her past in order to lead into the future. It is a fine balance. I find my prayer to be in line with the Scripture above. "Lord, please deliver me from becoming a museum full of aging memories, dusty, dull, irrelevant and not in tune. Help me to make room for new memories.  At the same time please help to keep me attached to my past, to the great and honest truth of Your timeless and Holy Word. And help me to still sing the great music of the ages, and still keep in touch with the world today."

Enjoy your Friday. Prepare yourself to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ this Sunday.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment