Monday, November 6, 2023

Waking Up To A Song 11/6/2023

 Good Morning,

I just poured a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. I have to work today so I will be taking some more coffee on the road with me. 

When the radio alarm clock shouted at me this morning it was playing Christmas tunes and it set my mind in motion. I am sure many of you have experienced hearing a tune and then it stays with you all day. What this song reminded me of is my wife Rene. She likes to listen to her music with the volume cranked up. She really never sings along to a song unless she believes she is alone.

I recall walking into the house many years ago and the music was blaring a Mariah Carey Christmas tune. Rene had no idea I was in the house.  I made it to the loft of our home and watched her dance and belt out that tune for a minute. She still had no idea that she was not alone. She happened to look up to the loft and I waved to her. I asked her if she really liked that song and she replied " I just Love Christmas". 

My point for the day is this. I am not sure what today will bring to anyone. But it never hurts to revive a good memory and have a laugh or enjoy a smile.

Philippians 4:8 Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. 

Enjoy that special place in your memory vault and pass on a smile to others.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. We of the Saturday night crew love both Rene and you, God bless you both

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do too, God has blessed us with a wonderful leader and the perfect wife who stands beside him at all times! ❤️

    ReplyDelete