Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Don't Write A Check That Can't Be Cashed. 11/15/2023

 Good Morning,

I have a long day ahead of me and I will need my Door County Caramel Apple Coffee to wake me up for sure. 

Matthew 5:41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 

I am always cautious to think things through before I commit myself to be stretched with my time and resources. There is only so much time in one day. There are only so many resources at one's disposal. When we over commit because of our willingness to be kind and helpful, we can easily become weighted down with more than we intended it to be. 

It doesn't take too long for a good thing to become an anchor. To avoid sinking your own ship. Consider your time needed to invest in someone, the resources it might cost and the inconvenience of changes to your own lifestyle. Spell out the the amount available and how much time you can spend investing in others. Know your limits and set them without assuming something was understood.  Never say what you don't mean. But never renege on your word to others. Broken promises are hard to swallow. 

Better to not have promised than to promise and then renege. This often happens in the work setting, when you are one of those who can never say no. This occurs in volunteer situations also. When you can't say no, people will always assume you are ready to say yes. 

My point is this. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Never assume anyone knows your heart and your true intentions. Don't write a time and resource check if you can't cash it. 

God bless you all. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment