Saturday, November 4, 2023

Good Old Elvis 11/4/2023

 Good Morning,

I pray this day is a blessing to all who are reading this today. I am very content while drinking a hot cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee. 

Psalm 71:23 My lips will shout for joy when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed. 



November is upon us now and the radio in my car has and will be playing Christmas music for the next two months. Some say that this is too early for the Christmas tunes. But as for me and I stand alone on this  in our home, I enjoy Christmas and I like the music it brings. 

There aren't a lot of new Christmas tunes being written anymore. So the old ones of my childhood are still being played. So not only do I get to enjoy the music, I also can get pretty nostalgic during a song. Sometimes the song will remind me of the people of my past or a time that was so nice you wish you could go back and do it again one more time. 

The first tune of this season that I listened to was Silent Night and it was sung by Elvis Presley. This particular song has been recorded by a myriad of music artists. But listening to Elvis croon his way through Silent Night made me stop and think. It also made me count my blessings for the week, one by one. 

I challenge all of you to enjoy some Christmas music. For a minute or two my mind was cleared of the worries and woes of the day and  there was peace on my mind. Take a Christmas escape and clear your thoughts. The music was a resort for the mind!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment