Wednesday, November 8, 2023

The Bible Study Was A Cease Fire 11/8/2023

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at our desk in our den listening to the wind. I have next to me a very hot cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee and it is time to write. 

Proverbs 27:17-19 As Iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. 18. Whoever keeps the fig tree will eat it's fruit. So he who waits on his master will be honored. 19. As in water, face reflects face, so a mans heart reveals the man. 


Listening to the wind, makes me appreciate a nice warm house even more. What is left of the leaves on the trees are coming down pretty fast right now. Winter is coming. 

Last night I was fortunate enough to be able to attend our weekly Men's Bible Study held in our church. The coffee was hot and the guys were all in a mood to learn and share thoughts and opinions. I originally had planned on not attending. A work event was in the way of me attending. But that changed, and Bible Study was where I needed to be. I usually lead the study but in planning not to be there, I asked one of the guys (Ray) to lead in my absence. Ray stepped in and did a great job in leading and stimulating the discussion. Sitting in a chair and participating was nice. I had some fun and came home most satisfied in my mind, heart and soul. I also learned a few things, which is never a bad outcome. We took prayer requests from the guys and prayed in earnest before leaving for the night. That study, was right where I needed to be. Life has been a little heavy lately and going to the study made me feel like I had just called a cease fire on life and all was quiet on the war front for an hour or so. Taking a break from leading the study and just partaking in it was like Chicken Soup For The Soul. 

Of course when I reached home the cease fire was over and the schedule for the next day lay before me.  I prepared for today and set my aim high and wondered if I had what it takes to finish this work month strong. But for awhile, I was with some good men studying the Good Book and there is where I needed to be. 

Men. it is a good idea to study your Bible with other men. We have a rule. What is prayed for there and said there, stays there. A guy can open up his heart and soul to these guys and not worry about what they think about you or that what you said confidentially will ever leave that room. 

Join a weekly cease fire from the world and spend it with God's men and His word. 

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment