Friday, November 17, 2023

The Boys Had A Visitor 11/17/2023

 Good Morning,

I find myself in Iowa this morning without the capability to brew some Door County Coffee. So today I will drink whatever our host has for us to brew. I am thankful for that. 

Romans 12:8 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.


On Wednesday night my nephew Nick stayed with us so we could get a faster start on our Thursday evening trek to Iowa. Nick is also taking  his young puppy Waylon with us. I will be bringing my youngest dog Leo along for the hunt. Our oldest dog Gibbs will be resting at home and remembering the hunts of old. 

Waylon on the other hand will be along to learn and absorb all that he can while being with three experienced dogs. 

The first lesson Waylon learned was that you just don't mess with the older dog. There was a little growling experienced. But by the next morning the circus of dogs started to become normalized and everyone was getting along. Our two dogs became more hospitable and they all observed boundaries very well. 

My point for today is this. A stranger is just a friend you just haven't made yet. Although at first you don't have much in common. But as a little time goes by you will find that there is always a common ground to be found. Your negative thoughts can be made positive by just getting to know someone. 

If dogs can learn to tolerate a visitor, don't you think as humans we can do better? 

This lesson was brought to you by the three ring circus. Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment