Thursday, November 16, 2023

The Garden Is Going To Sleep Soon. 11/16/2023

 Good Morning,

The house has the aroma of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee and it is time to write. 

I was preparing a big pot of chili to eat this weekend while I am away on a hunting trip with friends. I was pleased to say that some of the ingredients were from our garden. I canned some tomatoes, harvested the onions and peppers and dried them to use for dishes like this. It is a good feeling to be able to share this with friends and family. 

Jeremiah 29:5 Build houses, and live in them. Plant gardens and eat their produce. 

Last night before it was dark outside I looked at the garden that produced our veggies. It was turned over and fertilized a couple weeks ago. The little veggie patch is resting and will sleep through the winter. It seems a little funny but that time looking over the bare garden caused me to say a prayer of thanks to God for blessing that dirt. I am already looking forward to eating fresh tomatoes and squash once more next summer. I asked God to bless our plot again. I left the back yard content and in awe of what can grow when God blesses the field. 

If you want to see God at work, plant a garden and watch things grow. They come in handy in the winter. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment